The Melrose beach wheelchair has been developed to enable disabled access to the beach and water.
Large tyres provide a low-pressure footprint allowing the Melrose beach wheelchair to float over the softest sand or pebble beaches to reach the water.
Fabricated from aluminium with a high impact nylon mesh for the upholstery, the Melrose beach wheelchair is light enough to toss in the back of the car. The wheels can be easily removed and the back folds down so storage is no problem.
• 2 sizes available 14″ or 16″ seat widths
• Lightweight non rust Aluminium frame
• Stainless steel bolts and bearings
• Standard size to suit children
• Fold down back
• Flip back armrests
• Adjustable foot-bar height
• Easy release wheels and castors – split pin
• Black fabric sling and tension adjustable back made from high impact, quick dry, nylon mesh
• Sun canopy
• Powdercoat finish
• 5 Year Frame Warranty
Options and Accessories
• Titanium frame
• Custom size
• Custom powdercoat finish
Melrose Wheelchairs are custom-made to measure and a script form needs to be filled out before ordering. Contact us if you’re not sure how to fill out the script, we are happy to help!
RRP AUD POA (Price on application)
• Backrest tension can be adjusted to allow the occupant to lean back further into the chair if needed
• The backrest is flat so armrests are the only lateral support provided therefore the occupant requires some trunk control and strength to maintain upright seated posture
• The pelvic belt should be used at all times to secure the occupant in the chair
• A sunshade provides shade protection for occupant if positioned correctly