Envision recently secured €1.5 Million to scale their award-winning AI powered app and smart glasses solutions for the blind and visually impaired.
The investment round includes 3 impact funds – Existing investor 4impact is joined by ABN AMRO and Hungary based Impact Ventures, along with strategic investors from Operator.Exchange. Funding will be used to accelerate growth to support as many blind and visually impaired people globally.
Envision is the award-winning AI-assistive technology company that empowers blind and visually impaired people with greater independence and access to the visual information around them. Their AI-powered software extracts different types of information from images and speaks them out loud, enabling blind and low-vision users to read documents at work, recognize their friends, find personal belongings at home, use public transportation, and more — all fully independently.
Envision Glasses enable the wearer to utilise the following features
- Turn any text into speech with Scan Text. Be it handwritten notes, books or your favourite recipes. In over 60 languages.
- Call someone you trust to share your point of view, with Video Call. For a second opinion while shopping or exploring a new path.
- Read any short text that’s in front of you with Instant Text. Find everything from house numbers, the products you love or even your favourite vinyl.
- Get detailed scene descriptions anywhere. So you know what’s around, every step of the way. Find your colleagues or friends in an instant, with Face Recognition.
- Find missing items in no time with Object Recognition
- Sort laundry easily with Color Detection
- Dive into that book you want to read with Batch Scan
- Share the information you come across with Export Text